We all regret the late night pizza slice or the glass of wine. But no one regrets a workout...especially with your partner in crime.
Making the time to work out strengthens your connection to one another through shared goals, accountability, play, and support. Working out provides tons of opportunities for you and your partner to feel more emotionally connected. Exercise promotes endorphins which ramps up excitement (aka lust) and deepens your emotional bond. The challenges create healthy competition.
Supporting one another through positive talk stimulates and builds the emotional bond, increases interest, and trust. What better way to spend time together?
I offer couples and buddy training packages because pairing up increases accountability.
Below is a checklist to start working out together…peacefully!
- Showing up is 90% of working out. Establishing routines makes it easier for both parties to get to the workout, and you can pull each other up when your S.O. is not feeling it.
- Let her lead the way. Guys, you can finish up by working the “guns” at the end.
- Do everything together. Push your egos aside and get to work. When starting out, there isn’t really one bad exercise, only poor execution. Any movement will help you move both into better shape.
- Give constant feedback. Support one another while working out with positive comments and a quick ‘peek’ at one another. You’ll both benefit from checking each other out while working out. The more positive talk, the stronger you both will be.
- Pace each other. Rest is the key ingredient when working out.
If you really want more focus in your workouts, then hire me or your local trainer, and do what you love to do together.